Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Well Guys, We're Screwed

So Iran is talking about nuking Israel without actually saying it.

And they' giving $50 million smackeroos to Hamas, a proponent of violence against Israel and who else? Us, of course. The Great Satan.

And now I bring up my.yahoo.com and what do I see?

Bush won't rule out nuclear strike on Iran
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060418/wl_nm/nuclear_iran_dc_14

Yeah, that's just great. We're toast. Why would we ever actually NUKE a country?

I mean, I know that's not Bush saying, "Hey, I think I'm gonna nuke Iran if they get out of line." He's just trying to show how serious we are and stuff…but, my God, nuclear war? What?

I know that the guy who runs Iran is crazy, but I guess one could also say that maybe Bush is crazy. Although you have to admit that it's not Bush that started freely talking about 'joining the nuclear club' on one side of his mouth and then used the other side to talk about how his nuclear program was strictly for energy generation. And THEN, in the next breath, that Iranian nutjob started talking about wiping another country off the map. Our president's a war-mongering sociopath? That's funny. He doesn't even compare to that fruit from Iran.

Truly, though, I think that a lot of the world's populace actually does think that about Bush. Another fact -- have you ever noticed that we also think that other countries' leaders are all crazy? None of us are fans of the leaders of other countries, if you get right down to it. We don't like how they think; we don't really understand their perspective. About the only innocuous leaders (and I use the term loosely) that everyone seems to 'like', if it can be called that, is the British royal family. And why do we 'like' them? Because they're not political. They just dress nice and have oodles of money, which we'd all like to have.

My history teacher used to say all the time that the Middle East was going to be the hotbed of activity for the world for the foreseeable future. She was right. She was saying this back in 1993. It's 13 years later and where are most of the headlines coming from? The Middle East.

Man, we are so headed for destruction. It's hard to stay positive when you see how bad things are. But then tomorrow, I'll probably wake up and feel like the world is full of daisies and tulips.

Which it is. If you go to like Denmark or wherever all those tulips are from. It all depends on perspective. Today I feel like pooey. Tomorrow I might feel great. My perspective could easily change.

But at least I didn't have fast food today. No, I resisted. I was going to, though. I came thisclose. But nope, I got a chicken salad on rye with potato soup and a diet pepsi. From the kitchen downstairs, and I know how they cook, so I'm comfy with that.

Yup, it all boils down to my food folks.

No comments: