Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bush Proposals Aim to Ease Gas Prices (but will fall miserably short)

Quotes from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060425/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

Bush Proposals Aim to Ease Gas Prices

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer 1 minute ago

The official also suggested Bush was going to announce that some environmental rules were being relaxed.

Bush has said consistently that gas prices are high because global demand is rising faster than global supply and that the problem cannot be solved overnight.

So we're going to relax environmental rules during global warming? What? That makes no flippin sense. I am beginning to wish I had not voted for this clown. Although, I have to admit, I don't think Kerry could or would do any better. He'd be worse, I think. I guess the truth is that any president who was in the office during the gas and the war situations would be getting tarred and feathered.

The supply and demand theory is ok, I guess, but why are oil companies making record profits? That means that although the price that they charge consumers is going up, their costs are remaining the same. If that weren't the truth, then profits wouldn't be rising so dramatically. Why are oil companies taking this opportunity to put the squeeze on the consumer? Why don't they just stop raising prices?

I just think that all this is a bunch of BS aimed at making America turn to other sources of fuel, which I would be a lot more fine with if I was more comfortable financially and could afford to deal with the changes. But many Americans are in a much, much tighter spot than I am, and they can't afford to deal with the changes. You get the picture. I think consumers are being screwed.

No comments: