Friday, April 14, 2006

My Doilies


Ask and ye shall receive. Seek and it shall be given unto you...
These are pictures of the doilies I have made. :)
Irish Rose Doily
This doily was attempted after I healed from my disastrous first doily attempt by crocheting a baby blanket in between. That first one should have been 12 inches wide but ended up being 3 feet wide. Oops. When I told my crochet group that I was going to attempt this one, they tried to talk me out of it. I did it anyway.
Each flower and leaf took about 45 minutes to complete. There are 8 each. So, we're talking about many hours to make this doily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had your talent!

Anonymous said...

Anyone could do it. All you have to do is 1. learn the stitches, which are easy. 2. do a few other crochet projects that follow a pattern. 3. take your lessons from that, get some #10 thread and #6 steel hook, and find a pattern that looks doable. :) Thanks so much for your kind words :)