Thursday, April 20, 2006

Unambitious

So Nitpicker had interview number 3 today. Hmmmm…now that I'm less pi**y over that silly parking space (although Niki, I did eat 4 pieces of chocolate today…HORRORS! Actually, there probably will be horrors later on.) I can actually wish her well. Come to think of it, it would be nice to have someone in that position who is unambitious.

And Nitpicker told me that that's what they're looking for…someone who stays in their cube, doesn't chit chat, and doesn't wander around the office. The ideal candidate is unambitious…thinks that being an Executive Assistant is a dream job and is not looking to change jobs any time soon. The ideal candidate, as she explained it to me, as it was explained to her, is someone that would consider changing executive diapers all day to be glamorous, fun, the apex of the Mt. Everest of their careers. Unambitious.

Read: not likely to leave or turn psycho because she's trying too f*ckin hard. :o)

Now, see, to me, it's not unambitious to say that you want to be an Executive Assistant. Being an executive assistant is in fact often the top of the Administrative professional's career ladder. Executive Assistants do have some power, though that statement could be considered arguable, I suppose. I wouldn't mind being an Executive Assistant. I might get bored, I suppose, but I like helping people, on my good days. :)

No comments: