Friday, April 07, 2006

I'm No Longer Used to Being Late for Work

But it's happening more and more often. Lately, it's been REALLY hard to arrive at work on time.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and she prescribed me something to help me sleep. Well, that's lovely, but this stuff is making it too hard to wake up!!!! I would like to get something different, but I can't because it's $40 a shot and I don't have the $ to spend. I'm not sure I'd spend it even if I did.

Quite frankly, I'd rather be tired than late for work. I don't want tardiness swooping in to destroy my good performance. Supervisor is very understanding, but that won't change the beating that my image will take if I'm this late this often. I need to be 10 minutes EARLY, not late!

Supervisor is tired of supporting all those SVPs herself, plus Napoleon, who wants everything NOW. So they got a temp to do Twiggy's thing and Twiggy will move to the back to support Napoleon and two other members of his crew, an SVP and a VP. Twiggy seems to like the temp so far; for now, we'll just call the temp by her given name here at work and that is Temp.

As it turns out, Temp knows all about travel. Amazing. And I think she may know one or two of the guys here at work. Awesome. Maybe, just maybe, Twiggy will take the bait and take the position back there. It would be a significant raise in pay for her. She'd then be making more than me. Currently, I make more than she does after 15 years at ABC Nuts and Bolts. Twiggy really should take the position back there. Napoleon thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

But can you imagine the gossip that would fly? Not because of Twiggy taking the position but because Twiggy has a big mouth. Twiggy loves to gossip.

Well, I guess I will get to know the temp some more over the next few business days. I hope she isn't a psycho.

Oh Jesus, Temp and Twiggy are f*ckin WHISPERING. I hate that sh*t.

I need to eat breakfast before my attitude gets any worse.

No comments: