Thursday, April 06, 2006

Prayer

Dear God,

Thanks so much for taking care of me today, helping me wake up on time, and motivating me to take a shower. Oh yes, I couldn't have done it without You and I don't mean that fecetiously. I'm also thankful for the serenity that you've given me of late, and for sending me to OA.

Those are the big things I need to thank You for today.

And now that I've thanked you for those things, may I include a request with my prayer?

I would like to know your will for me and would you please also give me the power to carry it out? Thanks.

And, Lord, would you please send me some WD-40, either of the canned variety or the mental one? Because my chair is squeaking every time I move and I hate that squeaking noise because my disease is sitting here telling me that it's squeaking just because I'm fat. According to my disease, everything happens because I'm fat and I really need to tell Dave to shut the hell up. Dave, shut up. God, could you please tell Dave to shut up? I think he might listen to You.

Love and thanks,
Secretary

No comments: