Monday, April 10, 2006

The wages of breaking up...

...are re-covered pillows and beaded lamps.















I'm going to make some more pillows when I find some calico in the right color.

What's calico you say? Calico is a cotton fabric with a design either dyed into or printed on it. Calico is widely used in quilting -- 'fat quarters' (pieces of fabric that are 1/4 of a yard cut into a square shape).

Since I now have large blocks of spare time on my hands, I have embarked on creativity as a way to fill those blocks of time. These projects previously went unfinished because I often felt that if I didn't spend enough time with Ex, he'd find someone who would.

That's a pretty nasty feeling to have with someone whom you're supposed to be able to trust with the most intimate things about you. Red flags!!!!!

Anyway, pictures of my doilies are soon to come. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to find time to read through your archives, but lately doing my taxes, grooming my dog, spring cleaning, etc have won out on my days off, so I don't know whether these pics are of things you've made? Or if they're from Home Depot? I've been waiting for a doily pic. So, did you make these?