Friday, April 14, 2006

The Rose Doily

This doily is the one that followed another doily that had a ring of pansies and green edging. Supervisor and the RFP guy ruthlessly traded for that doily in the gift exchange last Christmas. I miss that one. It was about 18 inches wide. I loved those purple and white flowers. They'd turned out perfectly.


Alas, I had to find another project to do, so The Rose Doily was it. I was tired of making flowers that were separate from the doily body and thought it would be a nice break to just make a thread doily that was all one color.


My fifth doily was completed over a 3 or 4 month period and it's about 22 inches wide. I started it shortly after my Dad came home to my mom after his stroke. The unique shape is what attracted me to it. I think it's my best work yet.


No comments: