Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Director McDreamy

I work in Sales and Marketing, so many of the guys that I work with are absolute walking eye candy. Have I mentioned that? Well, it's true.
 
Yesterday I facilitated a conference call that had a web component -- specifically, we showed the prospect our presentation via Web so no travel was involved. Pretty cool huh?
 
Although my Directors may look hot, there aren't many of them that are technowizards. I would call most of them technophobes. Hence why I must hold their hands and change their diapers during these web conference calls.
 
But I don't mind one bit. I live to serve! No, I'm not being facetious. My people may not know their way around a computer, but they are grateful people to a man (for lack of a better word). And it is so cool to be able to listen to these calls and see exactly how they work and what they say to their prospects.
 
This is germane, I promise you.
 
I was facilitating just such a diaper changing yesterday and the guy I was sitting across the table from was so hot. Just a beautiful specimen of man. Beautiful dark hair, piercing blue eyes, nice suit, handsome face, clean cut...just hotter than hot. And I was sitting there, listening to him speak and laughing with him and the other director while they made jokes about how inept the director of sales that was running the meeting was. 
 
While one is on a conference call talking to a bat phone, what invariably happens is that one looks around the conference room and ends up speaking to the people who are in the room. There's lots of eye contact.
 
The more I looked in this guy's eyes, the hotter he seemed.
 
I've never in my life sat and had naughty thoughts about someone I work during a meeting with them, but I did have some naughty ones about that guy. I'd never act upon them, but they were there.
 
Then in media res, I started smiling and laughing inside at how ridiculous it was. Here I was, in this innocent little conference call, getting the hots for Director McDreamy while he's talking about the product.
 
And he is not the only Director McDreamy around that office. Not anyone that I think is as hot as he is, but there's a couple of hot guys wandering around my building.
 
Like Maintenance Man McDreamy. Being a maintenance man must be a very physically demanding job, if one can base such conjecture upon the body of the person performing the duties of that position.
 
Then there was Outsourced Database Guy McDreamy. He was hanging around when we were implementing the newest version of a certain database software we use. Oh Lord, knock me over with a feather.
 
And then there is my perennial favorite, also known here as the Pill Popper, and that's Senior Vice President McDreamy. He's tall, blonde, and has beautiful blue eyes. Add to that his intelligence and sense of humor and you have a very hot 45 year old guy. Who knows how to dress, no less. I'm thankful sometimes that I don't have much interaction with this guy, because I don't want to be having McDreamy moments too often.
 
Then there's McDreamys from other buildings and departments too. I was in a meeting with one of them this morning -- very well dressed for a nerd...nice tie chain. Loved that little detail. Not as hot as Director McDreamy or SVP McDreamy, but definitely in the McDreamy class.
 
Frankly, Napoleon's no slouch and he has a nice voice too. Seems to like little kids too, which, of course, is always a point in a guy's favor.
 
And as long as I'm being frank, may I also be frank and just say that I guess the reason why I'm noticing all the McDreamys might be because Ex has been gone a month? 'Nuff said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you like pretty boys? I don't care for classic good looks much in a man...sometimes when the pretty boys get older, as in gray George Clooney, but younger George not so much.

Anonymous said...

I could definitely dig older pretty boys. Pretty boys are groovy. But I can't say that I'd say no to perfectly decent looking guy because he's not a pretty boy. After all, exteriors change.

A lot.