Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Twiggy, Temp, and the No-Tell Motel

I think I may have mentioned that Twiggy drives Temp crazy.

The reason she drives Temp crazy is because of her tendencies to meddle. This would be the same reason that Twiggy drives everyone nuts.

I may have explained this before.

Lately, my favorite director (we'll call her 7up…that's what I'm drinking today and also because she and 7up and nuns all have a little something in common, which I won't go into here) has given her travel requests and whatnot to me instead of to Twiggy. I'm not sure why. Possibly because she likes me better or maybe it's because she is sick of Twiggy. I'm not sure which. Guess it doesn't really matter.

Last week when 7up gave me a couple of travel requests to do, I delegated them to Temp because I was rushing about doing other stuff. I knew that she wanted that stuff done pretty quick.

Temp knows allllllll about travel.  And I do mean allll about it. 7up was in excellent hands with Temp.

So temp got the travel done, and everything was hunky dory.

Until it came time for me to get some directions for 7up. I started getting the directions, from 7up's hotel to the airport, and I asked temp about it, because it didn't look like the right address, from what Temp had told me about it. Temp had been talking about it because it had been notably difficult to get a hotel in LA at the time as there were several conventions in town. Temp found her a good hotel and that's where she booked 7up for this trip.

Pretty soon, Temp and I realized that Twiggy had changed 7up's hotel reservation without even telling Temp or I about it, even though Twiggy had not been involved in this. 7up would now be staying at "Ocean Luxury Suites". Naturally, Temp was pretty ticked off about it. That was the day that I told her it was ok to be angry and she could just say it if she wanted.

Well, the trip commenced yesterday and 7up called this morning about it. Come to find out, the Ocean Luxury Suites, which Twiggy booked, was a no-tell motel that charged by the hour.

Naturally, 7up refused to stay there. Surprise surprise.

I told Temp that at least now, she has something absolutely delicious to roll over in her head again and again and again. She copped to having done and continuing to do just that.

No comments: