Monday, May 29, 2006

Am I Evil...

 
...because I read that an 'activist judge' overturned marriage laws, which made homosexual marriage legal in all 50 states and then I smiled? :o)
 
I remember sitting at my kitchen table with my former in-laws and my husband and arguing with them that marriage should be legal for gay people. The only argument that they had was that 'you can't just change the way things have always been!' Yet they were completely pro-choice.
 
Well, correction on that -- my ex mother in law was. My ex father in law just didn't want to argue with his harridan of a wife. But he should have. After all, he created the harridan. Why shouldn't he suffer the consequences? Oh wait...he did. Every single day when other churchgoers were out of earshot.
 
It's amazing how, when you're watching a good movie, you don't care if you get to eat during that movie or not. You're happy just to be watching the movie. I just finished watching such a film. "Proof" with Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins, and Jake Gyllenhall (spelling?). I don't care if Jake Gyllenhall may be gay or not...he's hot. I love him. He's a great actor. And the other two actors weren't bad either.
 
That movie made me wish I could find someone to fall in love with who was intellectual and understanding. And who didn't have some sadistic need to control children and women as well. Specifically, someone who doesn't date solely overweight women for purposes of controlling them.
 
I highly recommend that movie.
 
One movie that I do not highly recommend is "Irreversible". It's entirely in French, and is mainly an art house flick. I think the problem that I mainly had with it is that it had so much irrelevant, useless footage. The use of this footage was to get the viewer to see how things devolved into chaos as the night wore on. The idea is to make the footage devolve into chaos. Well, you could have done the same thing without having SO MUCH of the footage. I mean, it was enough to have little snippets of the footage. The main feeling one gets from seeing the camera work get more normal as the movie goes on is one of relief and a feeling that you might be getting closer to the end of this movie before you get motion sickness and have to hurl. I was dying to eat something during that film. The only reason I kept watching is because I was somewhat interested in the plot. I almost hit eject before the end though. I must report heavy usage of the fast forward button.
 
I can't remember movie number 3 and that might be good lol. Time to return these 3 to Blockbuster in order to acquire 3 more. I love movies. I love to escape in them, I think. Without being able to numb out using food, it's a lot harder to endure the bad ones. But that's ok, because I can at least add them to my pop culture knowledge. :o)
 
And in other news, I called my mother a moron yesterday. To her face. Yes. It's true. What? She said something moronic about my intentions when I called CPS. She insinuated that I wanted my sister's rights to get term'd so I could adopt Niece. This happened because, seeing that Wednesday is the big family pow-wow, I decided it was time to bring up the fact that if my sister's rights are term'd, then I want to adopt Niece. It was going to come out sooner or later, and this way, there'll be no choking going on at the family group conference.
 
That's the news from this weekend. Hope your weekend was good too. Au revoir.

No comments: