Thursday, May 04, 2006

I Was Wrong

Niece's counselor thought the opposite of what I surmised. That just goes to show you that other people's thoughts are their own business for a reason. Because trying to guess at them usually gives you the wrong conclusion.
 
Bird did think that if Ex were still involved in my life, she would not be making this recommendation. But with things as they are now, she believes that Niece is better off with me and she says that she can tell I've really thought this through.
 
She said that Niece has expressed her preference of where she wants to live, and she wants me. I want her too. I feel that that's how it was meant to be. I'm not sure why my sister got pregnant instead of me and it had to happen this way (if it even really does happen) but for some reason, this is what God had planned for me.
 
I guess I'm really jumping the gun though -- I mean, Niece is not available for adoption yet.
 
I hope and pray that I get to adopt her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have tried to figure out what your sister did to get herself in this situation, why she lost or is losing her child, but I can't find this definitively in your archives. Does your sister want her child? Is your sister really beyond hope of ever being a responsible parent? How did you end up with her and how did she then end up not with you?