Thursday, May 25, 2006

Temp and My New Toy

Temp is definitely not getting hired. This is no longer conjecture, as her last day here is June 2nd. I wish she could have my job. She would rock at this job. But, for now, I need it more than she does. I wish I was in a position to leave and let her do this job. That would be awesome, since she'd be such an awesome fit.

So that bites.

I won't be able to delegate travel or expenses or binding away as I previously have. And, of course, she also happens to laugh at my jokes. This makes for a nicer day all around.

She cried yesterday because she perceives that the person who won the job got it because she is petite and perfect. She's probably right, to a certain extent.

I will miss her. She's been fun to work with. I know that I've complained. I complain about everyone, so who cares? Lol No one's immune from my whining.

What comforts me about Temp's leaving is that I am getting a new computer. In about 2 weeks. Rock on! This will definitely alleviate the "I just had to pay rent and am consquently broke" syndrome that I experience once a month.

With this new computer is coming a new digital camera. This is a good thing since the one that I own has taken its share of beatings and, due to those beatings, has a hard time focusing close up. It has definitely done its duty. It's about 5 years old now.

I'm so excited. This is even better than getting a new car lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grats on the new computer. But, I would rather have a new car anyday personally. =)

Anonymous said...

yeah but you're probably not the nerd that I am. lol.

besides, computers don't directly suck fossil fuels. :o)