Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It's Confirmed; Napoleon is a Little Coward

Little being the operative word.

I thought it was just me.

I thought that I was just over sensitive about Napoleon…over sensitive after he made my supervisor give me that warning back in November. I thought that perhaps I was just imagining that he was avoiding me, avoiding taking the same elevator as me, avoiding talking to me, you name it.

But since being passed over for the EA position, Temp has noticed that he won't speak to her either. And he takes great pains to avoid crossing paths with her. He used to be so much more friendly.

So that gives me pause to wonder…why would he be avoiding me now? He's said nothing against me that I'm aware of, nor has he done anything. As far I know, I'm so far removed from his world that I don't factor in.

But then again, I have to admit feeling insecure now that they've hired an EA whose technical skills are equal to my own so that, as Supervisor put it, I'm not the only one with the ability to help people out when they're in a pinch. IE so I'm less necessary.

Well, would life really be horrid if I no longer worked here? Sure, it would be a little dicey. That's true. But I could find another position, I’m sure. However, bankruptcy does make things a little harder. Oh well, there's no sense worrying about what might happen in that sense. It's outside of my control. Actions are what count, I am learning. So I need to work on my actions and let God take care of the outcomes.

No comments: