Friday, May 26, 2006

OA Has Opened Me Up to Receive Love

Yeah, I know…this looks so corny, doesn't it?

But it's true. OA has opened up my heart. I'm not afraid to receive love and affection from others.

I used to be afraid to make friends because I was afraid I wouldn't keep my word to them, as usual. Not so anymore. I know that people can forgive.

I used to lie all the time about anything that I thought would make people unhappy. Now I accept that the truth is the truth and living in that truth makes life easier.

I don't have to live in lies anymore. I really felt that freedom today. My friend Mango hasn't decided to ditch me. Mango forgave me and actually demonstrated understanding. I was really surprised. In fact, now I'm getting to know Mango better because our friendship isn't based on shifting sands. It's based on reality. Mango feels more open toward me and I feel more open toward Mango. We can just be honest and open with eachother; we can trust eachother.

Just as I trust my OA friends. I have love for people more often now. It's like I can leave my anger behind, unless someone awakens it (like my mom). I'm not repressing it…it just takes up less room in my consciousness. I even am learning to love my family.

And it's because I can accept things more easily. I can accept Mom and Dad and my sister as they are. I have no need to fix them. Because I have no need to fix them, I don't get frustrated because they rebuff my efforts to fix and fiddle with them. But I do need to recognize that I need to stay away from them sometimes. :o) They can still drive me nuts.

Today I just feel really good. I just feel like I actually have real love for people now, not love that was based in fantasies or whatever. : )

No comments: