Friday, May 19, 2006

Britney Spears

I am really beginning to feel sorry for Britney Spears. Every little mistake she makes that other parents make every single day is blown up to a thousand times its actual importance because she is always being followed by photographers.

Today a photo surfaced of her crying as she was holding her son after she tripped while carrying him and dropped him.

Let me share with you that, one time, I was carrying my niece to the car at night and it was icy. She was a year old and asleep in my arms at the time. I tripped and fell, and she hit her head on the ground. Hard. It was just an accident, nothing more, nothing less. I was not a bad auntie or, were I her mom, I wasn't a bad mother because of some clumsy footwork.

And babies slump over in their car seats ALL the time, trust me. They fall asleep in cars left and right; of course they do, the motion kinda rocks them to sleep.  Maybe that little one should be facing backward, but I'm not sure about that. Usually it's either weight or age, whichever comes first. In Nebraska, I think it's 1 year or 20 pounds and then you turn the seat around.

I just feel sorry for that poor girl. Yes, she's tacky, but aren't we all sometimes? I wish for her that the paparazzi would just lay off.

…and in other news…

J. Lo's finally pregnant. Wow. Haven't we been waiting for that forever? I'm happy for her.
.

No comments: