Thursday, February 09, 2006

Venting to the Entirely Wrong Audience

One of my directors needed some help in his office. I went back there and he just had some simple editing for me to do that he simply couldn't figure out. Not a problem, I live to serve, right? Yeah. Sure. Whatever.
 
So I go see Mr. Chinagerman (he looks like he's got Chinese in him, but he says he is German-Irish. That bone structure and eye shaping is unmistakable.). He's a nice Director. Focused, not like Mr. Putrid, and unassuming. So I go in there and he's got this awesome, futuristic chair. He used to have a conference room chair, because we were short on chairs. So Napoleon walked by his office a couple of times and goes, "You need a different chair." One day a new chair appeared and it was awesome.
 
After he told me that story, I go, "So Napoleon showed a rare moment of humanity, huh?" We both laughed lol. All but the most naive newbies in the office can relate on this point.
 
For some reason, I felt moved to vent to him about Mr. HighMaintenance while I'm fixing his document. "Some of these people are so high-maintance, it drives me nuts. This guy calls and wants travel plans pronto and hello! I support 20 people!!!! Good God, call the Travel office, Mr. Jerkwad!" He just laughed and I said, "You know I'm not venting about you, right?" And he laughs and goes, "Yeah." I go, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have vented this here," and he says, "It's alright, I learn something new here everyday!!!!"
 
LOL God I feel so idiotic. I barely know that guy and he does NOT want to hear me vent, I am sure. Supervisor subscribes to the 'never complain' philosophy. Frankly, she's right. Remember the rule...One must NEVER appear to be unhelpful. I got an idea. Rules for Secretaries. LOL

No comments: