Monday, February 06, 2006

Managing Napoleon

I'm not very good at this. I don't manage my image very well at all.
 
Napoleon's route to sundry places in the building often takes him past me and Twiggy's perch. Sometimes I think he ends up walking past my cube a few extra times a day.
 
This time, I was ready for him.
 
I spied him in my trucker's mirror attached to my monitor walking briskly to the bathroom. When he walked past on his way to the bathroom, he walked along the far wall. I knew that when he walked back, he would be walking as closely to my cube as possible in order to round the corner and stalk back to his office.
 
I got out my expense reports and began to work on them. I will probably churn out two in the next hour. As he walked by, he was going to look into my cubicle and stare, and I go, "Hi!" and he visibly blanched and looked scared. LOL!!!
 
This is the same guy who, after my last warning, avoided speaking to me, avoided me on elevators, etc. It's really quite ridiculous.
 
Just about as ridiculous as this little game I am playing.

No comments: