Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Someone's Having a Bad Day...

KK, hurrying to and fro with a determined, quick gait: "Hey buddy, how are ya?"
 
I adore KK. He gave me a jump start one night when I was alone and had to get Niece, and there was no one for me to call because I was broke and without a membership in AAA. He's very active in his church, never cusses, and is just a genuinely nice person. I say that not because he attends church, but because his actions consistently bear that out.
 
Secretary: (feeling dumpy) "I'm ok, how are you?"
 
KK: "I'm CHOOSING to be good!"
 
Secretary: "So you're artificially joyous?"
 
KK: "No, I'm CHOOSING to be joyous. There's a difference!"
 
Secretary thinks to herself, "No there isn't. Choosing to be joyous is unnatural. It is saying my circumstances, the people around me, and my stress level do not make me joyous, so I have to manufacture it."
 
And that's how you know someone who is relentlessly positive is not having a good day.

No comments: