Friday, February 10, 2006

Boyfriend is in the Closet...

Did I mention that Boyfriend works graveyards? This means he is a day-sleeper. Another word for that is vampire. lol Just kidding.
 
Anyway, I came home tonight and went through my usual routine.
 
I took off my shoes in the living room, stashed those horrible things in the closet. I took off my socks and made my way back to my room to put them in the laundry basket, excited about cuddling up with Boyfriend and maybe taking a nap or something.
 
My first view of the dark room was enough to tell me something was amiss. The bed seemed to be empty. No Boyfriend. Weirder still...no blankets. Half the pillows were missing. Maybe he took them to his parents to do laundry? No, his truck was there. That couldn't be it.
 
So then I wander into Toddler's room...and hear disembodied breathing. It seemed to emanate from the closet. I call Boyfriend's name. No answer.
 
I am now afraid to open the closet door. Is Boyfriend's mangled body hanging upside down in there? Is there a killer in there who's going to cleave me in two if I let him out? Is he covered in Boyfriend's blood and entrails?
 
I gingerly open the door, expecting something I don't want to see.
 
There is Boyfriend, peacefully asleep on the floor.
 
"What are you doing in here?"
 
"Dark." Our room is too light during the day for him to fall asleep in there.
 
"Guess I better get those curtains."

No comments: