Monday, February 27, 2006

It's Monday...I showed up. What more do you want from me?

So, did you act in opposition to your emotions and show up today? I did. I am definitely a better person for having shown up this morning. For one thing, I'm still employed. That's usually a good thing. And my plant thanks me; she was droopy this morning. I think I may christen my plant. Her name shall be………Bedelia. Bedelia the Gerber Daisy Plant. My V day gift from my ever thoughtful Boyfriend. :o)

I spent a large part of Sunday with my mother. My reward for doing so was a pair of lead crystal salt and pepper shakers that Boyfriend made a funny face at when I showed them to him. His face said something akin to: "Great. This is what happens when you spend an afternoon with your mother. You come back with these lead crystal salt and pepper shakers that are beyond useless." This little prize cost me $5.00. Not bad, I guess.

My mother had plans for me to buy all sorts of things to spruce up my cave-like apartment that has a total of 3 windows. I managed to dodge most of them, but just couldn't bear to continue nay-saying every single one of her suggestions. I figured $5.00 wasn't much to spend on making her feel better. She loves to 'advise' people on stuff. I love my mom but I'm sort of relieved to only spend approximately one day per week with her. It's hard to continuously say only positive things about her every utterance. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I hope Boyfriend doesn't read this particular post. I don't want to hear about how I always complain about my mother. I just hate the b*tch. What's wrong with that? GOD.

I'm just kidding. I don't hate my mother. Today. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate that damned 'Action opposite to emotion' stuff!