Friday, February 17, 2006

Thank You Notes...My Way

I have an attitude of gratitude. Due to this, I have taken to writing thank you notes. Also, we have all that fine wedding stationery to use up. :)

I grow tired of writing the usual ones though, so I've decided to spice it up a bit. :)

It's mui cold out today. I invited the marketing manager out for lunch today because I had gift certificates and she has a warm car. LOL. She had to decline but offered to pick me up something. I said yes and also got Supervisor something as a thank you for not firing me. So I need to send her a thank you note.

"Dear Marketing Manager:

Just wanted to say thanks today for picking up lunch.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

We would have starved...

If not for you.

Hugs, Secretary"

I know, I know...this poetry is almost as painful as listening to the intellectually repulsive Dean the Walrus from the last episode of Wife Swap, but I think it's funny and distinctive.

If the Café will accept my ultra late catering order, I am going to send them this note:

"My Valentine to you guys…

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

I'd have been screwed,

If not for you.

Thanks! Secretary"

Or how about this one, in light of recent problems (forgot Supervisor's order when she was arranging food for a meeting for Napoleon. She was livid.).

"Dear Cafeteria:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Thanks for not screwing up,

Like you usually do..

Thanks, and no retribution please."

They actually don't screw up often; I'm just being mean. :) Mistakes happen just often enough to make you wonder if your stuff is actually going to show up. Kinda like my work attendance used to be.

No comments: