Monday, July 10, 2006

ZoomZoomZoom


Yay!!! No more POS car he*l!!!

I get my new(er) car on Wednesday, if all goes well. Typically, though, if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all, so I'm not holding my breath. It's a '98 Honda Accord. :o) I'm so excited.

My new(er) car is four years younger than the POS and it's my first import car. I have long since tired of Fords. I think I started getting tired of them when my exhusband vehemently INSISTED that we had to buy Fords because they were easier to work on. I also heard stuff like, "Our FAMILY has always bought Fords. We're a Ford family." And then his mom and dad bought a Buick Century.

My parents also drive one of these jewels. Yippy skippy. Theirs is considerably more beat up, as my father wrecked it a couple times and so did my mom. They pay through the nose for the car every month…around $350.00. I distinctly remember them coming close to financial asfixiation under the weight of this car payment so often that I encouraged them to file for bankruptcy and get rid of the thing as soon as possible. That entreaty fell on deaf ears and they are still suffering along with that POS, which, every now and again, despite being an '03, needs hella expensive repairs.

Yes. I know. Delighting in the misery of others is wrong on so many levels. I'll stop now…I guess.

No comments: