Sunday, July 30, 2006

Miscellaneous, Tofu, Lunch with MFD, and Adventures in Hair Coloring

Miscellaneous

Do you ever get to the point where you just run out of stuff to rant about?

I used to love ranting about my family situation, oh woe is me! Now it just feels so tired. I feel like I'm whining, or trying to get some kind of sympathy mileage out of this dramatic situation. Sometimes I even feel uncomfortable writing about it…as though I am trying to paint myself as some kind of saint, which I am clearly not. I guess that I just am now getting to a point where I am questioning my motivation to write about it. I think my recent about my family stuff will probably be the close to last post about it, unless something ticks me off enough so that I feel sufficiently moved to write about it. I just feel less and less like writing about it.

Perhaps it's because Program is sinking in a little better lately. I went through this period here lately that I was just sick of Program, sick of trying to be an adult, sick of trying to grow and change and I just wanted to go back to my comfortable old ways with food and the whole nine yards. This 'grown-up' thing is really hard some days.

Well, thankfully, I snapped out of it. I'm back to growing and changing and stuff now, and it feels good.

I really dislike having my moods change like that. I wish I could just stay on an even keel all the time. A saner person might just look at it and say that they need to stop being a slave to their moods.

One thing that I'll probably not run out of steam to rant about is tofu.

Now, you may wonder…why would anyone rant about that high-protein, high-fiber, low-cal, lovable stuff?

Because it causes GAS, people. Serious gas!

I had tofu and pork stir fry for dinner last night. Today I am smelling it and I am praying very hard that no one decides to meander into my cube after I have recently lit one off. God, this is horrible. I must seem like the stereotypical fat person, complete with disproportionate amounts of gas emitting from my hiney. I swear, I'm not really like that! Skinny people would totally get gas from this stuff too, they just don't write about gas AND their weight.

Lunch with MFD

I had lunch today with my favorite director. She's awesome. We have great conversations. We went for a joyride in the new ZoomZoom when I first got it, 16 days ago. Then today she said she had a little gift for me and she gave me a couple of gift cards to a VIP car wash around here. Oh joy! :o) I guess they do the whole nine yards -- wash and wax, underbody wash, vacuum the inside, armor-all the dash, etc. Kewl.

I have the feeling that it would be much easier to converse with her if it weren't always her taking me to lunch. I really need to start paying instead of letting her pay all the time. I don't just want to be her underling, her mentoree or something. I want to be an equal of some kind. I'm not going to be her office equal, but I'd like to be friends with her.

Next we were off to eat lunch at a little Greek cafĂ© around here. Lots of folks from ABC Nuts and Bolts eat there because it's so close by (which reminds me, I actually met someone yesterday who used to sell nuts and bolts for a living…weird.). So we're sitting there eating and a couple more folks from our department at ABC come in. MFD invites them to sit down and shoot the sh*t with us. Good thing she did, I was running out of things to chat about. Am I just not inspiring or something? Probably not…the only thing remotely interesting or dramatic that I have going on right now is Program (not a work topic) or my nutty family (which is a tired boring subject now, and probably not fit for work consumption either).

Anyway, these other folks sit down with us and start telling us their hilarious stories. At the end of the lunch, MFD's favorite line is now, "Who do I have to f*ck to get a bagel around here?" which is a line famously uttered by an erstwhile salesperson from the New York office. She says that line about six or seven times on the way up in the elevator and laughs like a hyena.

Ahhhhh, a life in sales.

Adventures in Hair-Coloring

In other news, I got this do it yourself hair-coloring kit. It's a rinse though. Should rinse out in eight to ten shampoos. I'm interested in having somewhat red hair. Since my hair has turned almost f*ckin black in recent years, good luck to me. With my luck, it'll turn green and I'll have to beg Napoleon to let me wear a godd*mned 'do rag to work until the sh*t washes out.

No comments: