Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One of My Peeps is Having a Baby!

It's so exciting!

I'm going to make her a baby blanket. Should be fun. I'm going to make it out of Homespun, I think, even though that yarn is a pain in the patootie to work with. Or maybe I should just give her a doily for her baby's dresser. I have one that I'm about 25% away from finishing…

Nope…a baby blanket is much more appropriate. A nice lavender one.

I couldn't be more happy for her. She is someone who didn't settle and consequently didn't get married until about age 40. Her and her husband have been trying for a baby for about 2 years now. She may be 40, but she's really taken good care of herself. She confided to me that she's been through a few miscarriages while trying for this baby. I thought she might have; there've been times when she's had to have time off or she's had to have surgeries to help her get pregnant and stuff like that. She confided that her miscarriages happened naturally and that she was grateful for that. I'm grateful for her for that. I don't think that having had to abort a child deemed too unhealthy to give birth to would have sat well with her. I don't think it sits well with most women who find themselves in that position and who make that choice.

It was a little surreal listening to her. She was talking about how they live in this apartment in Manhattan and how they were going to have a nanny permanently and a baby nurse also.

I go, "Wow, you guys are a lot more sophisticated than we are out here." lol New York really seems like a different world sometimes.

I sound like a total country bumpkin right now.


No comments: