Sunday, July 02, 2006

Salads Aren't Very Filling

...unless they're filled with a bunch of other shit which turns what was formerly a salad into a buffet that just happens to have a whole lotta lettuce going on, fits onto one plate only, and needs salad dressing.
 
I know this because I lived on salad and chicken for something like a year or so. And you wouldn't believe how easy it is to have dinner at home instead of buying it at some grease pit when the lettuce and the chicken are both in the fridge, ready to go after you just add some salad dressing.
 
Unfortunately, two hours after you eat that, even if you eat a whole fuckin head of romaine lettuce, you're going to be hungry again. Because that shit is made out of 90% water, friends.
 
I rediscovered this tonight when I decided to have an easy dinner of salad and chicken with some sliced almonds and pine nuts thrown in.
 
You know what, though? It occurs to me that I had this dinner at 6pm, and it was in fact an entire four hours before my tummy rumbled. Alright, but I'm not taking down the rant.

No comments: