Thursday, July 20, 2006

Elevator Repartee

After resigning myself to the fact that my lunch period was over ten minutes prior, I finally stalk to the elevator. Pleasantly enough, the HVAC Maintenance Man is there. We are shortly joined by a 40-something worker from the third floor.

"So," I ask HVAC, "how're the eight ex-wives doin?"

"Seven. They're good. So are the 11 kids."

"That's good."

40-Something joins in. "You have seven ex-wives? I thought I was doin bad; I have three."

"Seriously? You got three exes? How old are you?" exclaims HVAC.

"I'm fortyish."

"Wow, I'm in my late 40's." Yeah. Way more acceptable.

I'm watching this exchange in silent amusement. What's wrong with this picture? It was hilarious. Finally, I just had to exclaim.

"Helloooooooo! HVAC, you have SEVEN ex-wives and ELEVEN children! She only has THREE exes and NO children, and you're like, "Oh my God, THREE exes! Holy sh*t, I can't believe this!""

No comments: