Monday, July 17, 2006

Good Morning!

Well, I had a good weekend. I spent most of the weekend feeling lightheaded and headachey, but it was still pretty pleasant.

I got up early on Saturday and had 'coffee' at Starbucks. I don't actually drink coffee, so it was pumpkin bread and OJ for me. It was cool to be out that early having breakfast with a friend.

Next up, I went to the Saturday morning meeting, figuring I'd better get as many meetings in as I can while I have Niece with me. The meeting was ok. I had to confess that I was nervous about having Niece with me all week. Never mind that I've been planning to have her with me for the rest of my life. To be nervous about having her with me for a week seemed a little ridiculous.

I went home from the meeting and pretty much went back to bed. I couldn't believe how tired I was, but I spent the afternoon sleeping, and woke up at a 4:50pm. I was due to arrive to pick up Niece at 5pm. So I hightailed it over to her foster mom's and snagged her. We went home, I cooked dinner, then it was time for bed.

Sunday arrived and I was still tired. Now my gut was feeling a little odd. Nevertheless, we had a swimdate to keep. So off we went, swimming at 1pm, while the sun bore down on us. It was something like 105 degrees yesterday and we felt every bit of it. My scalp is still red and I had a terrible headache at the end of the day, even though I had my sunglasses on. It was horrid. For some reason, I got it in my head that potato chips might cure my headache. Or not.

I finally went to bed after watching "Star Wars" for a while and slept fitfully until I woke up this morning after having dreamed that a vampire had married me and we don't need to talk about that any further.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, Monday.

No comments: