Thursday, August 24, 2006

Your Misery No Longer Makes Me Happy...Unless You're My Ex :o)

What a lovely day it is today.

We left the house early today. Because of a nasty accident, I still didn't get rock star parking. But I did get to sit in the car with Munchkin and point out the news crew and the reporter and everything. I love watching her look at everything like it's the neatest thing she's ever seen. We have interesting car conversations.

"Auntie S., are you going to get a new boyfriend?"

I laughed. "No, I don't want a new boyfriend right now. Right now I just want to take care of you. That's what I'm focusing on." This was probably the wrong thing to say. Does a kid want to be in charge? No. "Besides, boyfriends are like dogs. You gotta feed em, pay attention to em, play with em, and it's just a lot of work. I don't need a man." Great, now I sound like the bitter adoptive single mom that we met at Wal-mart on Tuesday night.

I got to work and the day started out with Supervisor reminding me to distribute some worthless leads. No biggy -- I need stop putting those off, no matter how stupid I might think they are. I should be thanking my lucky stars that she's so gentle.

A friend of mine stopped by. She had gastric bypass surgery a couple of years ago and she looks fab. She's even had the requisite tummy tuck. She was always a beautiful person. Now her outsides more closely match her insides.

When she stopped in my cube this morning, I noticed something different about her. I couldn't really figure it out at first and then I realized what it was. She is regaining her weight.

A year ago, I'd have thought, "Ha hahah, seeeee?" and then I'd have felt better about my own weight problem because now I'm not the only person around here who had trouble with my weight, even after surgery.

But that's not what I felt this morning. I felt sad. I actually empathized with her. She went through a lot in order to embark on this new life, and now she might have her hopes dashed. I'd like to reach out to her but I don't quite know how. I don't want to look like I'm 'recruiting' for OA, but I can see that it might benefit her.

I'm not sure what to do, but I think if I am patient and if I am meant to help her, the solution will present itself. It can't be a thing coming from me. It has to come from the heart and that means it has to come from my higher power.

No comments: