Sunday, August 20, 2006

Moving Day

 
I finished Niece's dresser. It's now standing in her room.
 
Yesterday a friend from work who had a spare bed brought it over for Niece. It's far superior to the one that I had been given. He also brought about three or four bags of really nice clothes for Niece that his daughter was no longer using. Let's hope she actually fits into them.
 
His daughter came with him. She's nine. She brought her favorite Barbie doll to give to Niece.
 
I vaccuumed the floor in Niece's room and washed some fingerprints off the walls. Her bed is all set up and made, and I got a dresser scarf to put on top of the freshly painted dresser. It looks really nice. Now we just need the munchkin.
 
I'm going to pick her up in about 30 minutes. We'll get her settled in and then we'll probably do some laundry.
 
And that's how one's life turns on a dime. Very simply...with a little bit furniture, kindness, some tidying, and love.
 
Wish me luck.

No comments: