Monday, August 07, 2006

Are Antidepressants Addicting?

Yep. Definitely.

I can only speak from my own experience though. I was on Prozac for five years and Mr. Nasty convinced me to stop taking it. This was an instance where he was right.

So I tapered off the stuff, and soon found myself having incredible mood swings. I felt really sorry for the poor guy. But at least I was no longer a zombie. Prozac had evened me out a little too much, it seemed. I couldn't just giggle at stuff or just laugh at stuff. I wasn't really crying much either, even when crying was appropriate. And talking? Yeah...not really. I wasn't much of a discussion partner. I noticed a huge improvement in these areas once I got over the withdrawal symptoms.

Bottom line -- I'm happy to be off of anti-depressants. And I find it ironic that when my Program is good, life is good. When my program isn't good, life isn't good, and that's when I find myself wishing for a happy pill. :)

No comments: