Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Exhausted

I'm pretty exhausted by last night's events and the fact that I didn't get to bed until oh-dark-thirty.

So during lunch today, I went home and took a nap. I overslept by about 15 minutes and was back here by 1:30. The trouble is, I think I may have gone to lunch earlier than I thought I did. God, I'm so out of it.

When I got back, I got the dirtiest Twiggy look yet. And, worse, it was apparent that she had not gone to lunch. The little martyr had just gotten something downstairs and eaten at her desk. Woe is her. She could've gotten Supervisor or the new EA to cover the phones for her, but she'd rather be a martyr. Well, at least I'm not the only person who thinks the world revolves around her.

Anyway, upon my return she got up and starting wandering around the office. She's been wandering the office for about 30 minutes. I have no idea where she went, but I'm starving, so I hope she gets back here soon. More than likely, if Supervisor's here, then she's at Supervisor's desk, moaning and groaning. Ugh, why didn't I keep better track of what time I left for lunch?

Oh well. The world's not going to end because I was late from lunch. And even if Supervisor decides to ask me about it, the world still won't end. At least I have a good parking space. That makes life better. I have the good parking space because Twiggy the Martyr's car is being worked on, so she has no need of VP Redhead's space today. :o) It's the simple things that make you perk up, isn't it? :)

No comments: