Friday, August 25, 2006

"I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't!!!!!!!"

My sponsor says that I shouldn't equate whether it's a good day or a bad day with however Munchkin is feeling.

But I can say this morning wasn't as rosy as it usually is.

I heard a lot about being sick. Next, I heard that kids who are sick need to stay home and watch TV. In fact, this little litany started last night when I picked munchkin up from school.

"Auntie S., I have something to tell you."

"Ok, lay it on me."

"Do you know what happens when little kids get sick?"

"No, what?"

"You have to move the TV into their room so they can watch TV until they fall asleep."

"I don't think so. They need to sleep so their bodies can fight off whatever's making them sick."

Sometimes our conversation goes like this, especially on school nights:

A: Can I watch TV?
B: No. Let's do something else instead.
C: Can I play on the computer?
D: No.
E: I want to go to my Mommy's.

At Mommy's, she can play on the computer and watch TV all she wants. Munchkin makes the rules. Occasionally, she has to pay heed to her lackey, aka her mother, but most of the time, Munchkin's running the show.

It's like Munchkin is addicted to watching TV. I hear a lot about, "You're going to make me miss my show!"

This reminds of her mom.

"You do realize that visits are going to resume Friday night, right?"

"No, I didn't. Thanks for telling me." Then, "Shit! Deep Space Nine is on on Fridays! Oh, but she'll probably be gone by the time it comes on, right?"

Next up, I had to ask Sister to stop calling me. "I don't want to communicate with you in any way that I can't document, because you have told lies about me in the past. You're way more manipulative than I ever dreamed."

"Oh, ok. Well, I just was calling about ABC..."

"I don't care. You've posted all this crap about me all over the internet. You've told outright lies about me. I haven't done that to you. Everything I've done has been based on facts. You know...you really like being a victim, don't you? Like to have people feeling sorry for ya?"

Silence.

"I'm not much better. I like it too."

"I have this big smile on my face."

"Why's that?"

"Because you said you like it too."

"Yeah, but you have to grow out of it, Sister."

I really shouldn't have said all that. I bought right into the drama. But the important thing is that she won't be calling me anymore.

No comments: