Friday, August 04, 2006

A World of Marzipan

Ok right now, I'm in emotional turmoil and that means I want some damn sugar. Right. Now.

So now I gotta go downstairs and clean up after someone's meeting that they had today. I know there are delicious frickin cookies down there and I'll be alone with those cookies. That's not gonna work. I have it on good authority that the conference room won't clean itself up if I stand here and stomp my feet, so I will need to grab a cleanup buddy to go with me. I'm just waiting for her to round the corner and let me know she's ready to go.

There is so much sugar around me, everywhere, that it seems like the whole bleedin office is made out of marzipan. People have candy dishes galore. The new guys especially. That guy brings an ASSORTMENT of candy. The other day he brought a fruit tray and a veggie tray. He's trying way too hard.

Anything to keep our abstinence right? Shit, in the old days, I'd have done anything to get my food. Whether that meant writing bouncy checks, or stealing from Peter to pay Paul, or not paying rent or whatever, I'd do it. I surely can use some of that ingenuity to maintain my abstinence.

No comments: