Monday, August 21, 2006

A Weepy Mess...

My apartment looks pink with the light from that new pendant lamp that I got at Target when I was there looking for sheets for Niece. The doilies that I got at the Goodwill look pretty. I put one on my TV. That was a lucky find. I usually don't find doilies that are any good at the Goodwill; usually just pilled yellow, orange, and brown afgans. Or electric blue and white. Yuck. Or gray, but used to be white. Nasty.
 
Anyway, my fifth step ended up stopping in the middle on Saturday because we ran out of time. And apparently, this is not good, because it leaves you pretty emotional.
 
I discovered this tonight as I sat in my pink-tinged living room. I was crying alll over the place. Poor Darling Niki had to listen to quite a lot of the caterwauling. I feel kinda bad for her. But nevertheless, I'm endlessly thankful for her kind ear.
 
I also recently discovered that crying is good. Yes, I'm serious, that really is a discovery for me. I thought that when you were in pain, you swallowed your tears and your feelings, literally. In the form of Ben n Jerry's. Now I'm discovering that crying or doing whatever it is that God designed for us to do with pain works much better than any substance.
 
And now that I've just about let go of everything in my tear ducts, I'm a little tired. Too bad laundry isn't done yet, or I'd be hitting the sack for sure. Night night y'all.

No comments: