Tuesday, August 29, 2006

FW: 2006 Golf Outing

I hate golf. Why, God, why? To me, the word golf is synonymous with 'boredom', 'barf', 'burn', 'bad', and 'ginormous waste of time'. I don't care if other people like it; good for them. It's not something I'd partake in voluntarily. Mini-golf, though, I enjoy. :o)

Twiggy's vacation being scheduled on the day of the annual golf outing (barf), we had to scramble a bit as to who was going to cover the phones while everyone's gone. Napoleon stubbornly refuses to just hire a temp. Usually, Twiggy and I switch off; I go one year, she goes the next. Gladly. Neither one of us is a golfer and wouldn't be caught dead golfing in our spare time. Do you know how expensive a hobby golfing is?

I used to bring my laptop and watch movies all day. Chatting with Mr. Wrong was also bountiful fun. Much more fun than having the sun sneak a little sunburn onto my skin. I had no idea I was getting burned; it just showed up later.

Oh well, should be fun to watch the sales guys get soused and then see Napoleon sprout gray hairs because he's afraid someone might get a little *too* drunk. If only I could put a link in here to the story of Adminizilla's booze-slicked exit from our department…then you'd understand why. Just search the blog for Adminzilla.

I heard Twiggy telling someone this morning that Napoleon is loading his foursome up with "A" list golfers. He's determined to win. The office golf tournament. We might just be seeing a competitive spirit that is out of control here. Hmmmm...

_____________________________________________


From:   Supervisor
Sent:   Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:58 AM
To:     Secretary
Cc:     Exec Asst; Twiggy
Subject:        2006 Golf Outing

Secretary, it has been decided that I will stay in the office on Sept 7 during the golf outing.  Please plan on attending the golf outing. 

I appreciate your willingness to stay in years past.  Enjoy the day!

Supervisor

_____________________________________________

From: Secretary
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:59 AM
To:
Supervisor
Subject: RE: 2006 Golf Outing

Why do I sense glee at not having to golf? LOL :) Thanks Supervisor

----------------------------------
Secretary
Administrative Assistant, Sales and Marketing

______________________________________________
From:   Supervisor
Sent:   Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:03 PM
To:     Secretary
Subject:        RE: 2006 Golf Outing

Well…I didn’t want to say it!  But I hope you enjoy the day and plan on playing mini golf in the afternoon if they do that.  It’s great fun and a no-pressure way to spend some fun time with other staff members.

Supervisor






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. What a nightmare. Can you call in sick? I'd be tempted. :)

Anonymous said...

no, that'd be too soon after the dang diarrhea!!!! lol