Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Now the Company's Paying Parking Tickets?

I can't believe I'm doing this.

I was looking over MFD's corporate card today and saw a weird charge from the rental car company we use. So I called the rental company up.

MFD was on business in Santa Monica in May and managed to acquire a little souvenir during said business...a parking ticket. She didn't pay it, so the rental car company passed the $15 on to us.

My natural inclination was to expense the ticket as a personal expense, which she'd then have to pay for. Seems reasonable, right? It's not a real business expense, is it? Even though acquired while on business? What do you guys think?

As it turns out, my natural inclination was not the right one and she wanted me to expense it as a miscellaneous expense. Great. How am I going to explain that when they want an explanation? Hopefully they'll just overlook it; it's just a measly $15.00.

I don't know...it just seems a little shady to me.

No comments: