Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Responsibility of Having Lost Over 100 Pounds

Is surprising to say the least.

This morning I was downstairs getting ready for two simultaneous client visits and I met someone I hadn't seen in a long time. This person had once told me how inspired she was that I had lost weight; she knew that she could do it too because she had seen me do it. She's kind of an administrative nazi, but I don't work with her much, so that's alright.

Anyway, I remember that day clear as a bell, at least the part where she told me how inspired she was whenever she saw me walking away lol. For anyone who reads this, I used to weigh 369 pounds, then I lost about 140, and now I've gained some back, but not all. I didn't notice her standing there at first, and then she said, "Hi ______." fairly loudly.

I guess that when you lose that much weight, it is inspiring to people. For one, they see someone turning their life around. And that's inspiring, of course. But for another, they think, well if THAT person can do, I sure can! And then they see you gain a lot of it back and probably either lose some of their own steam or just think, "Well, I sure don't have anything to feel guilty about."

No comments: