Thursday, August 25, 2005

"How Will it HURT YOU to buy this ice????"

Well I just had a loverly lunch with BF. He again tried to talk me out of keeping Phrecklette but I held my ground. We were actually able to TALK about it and not argue. I got a little miffed that he won't leave it alone, but I guess some people are just like that.

I got myself a new Crochet hook, so I'm excited about that. It's the next smallest size down from my size 6 steel hook. This will make it so I can make smaller stitches without having to crochet more tightly (and adding hand pain!).

Anyway, he took me to my new bank (rebuilding from the ruin of the financial house of cards' fall) and then to Hobby Lobby. Gosh I love that place. And we had a loverly conversation. He is worried because he has very little money (hmmm I know how he feels) and I said, "Well, why don't you get a part time telemarketing job? You're the most manipulative person I know, you could sell ice to an Eskimo." LOL. We both laughed so hard at that. And I said, "hey, all you have to do is just ask him, [one of his favorite things to use to argue with me] Hey! Mr. Eskimo, just LISTEN, PLEASE! How will it HURT you to buy this ice? How will it hurt, hmmm?" It was hilarious lol. From then on, there was a lot less tension.

We were even able to talk about Phrecklette's therapist, whom he intensely dislikes, without fighting. He expressed that she doesn't know what she's doing and how could a four year old be psycho-analyzed? After all, they haven't reached the 'age of reason'. Never mind that they can feel emotions regardless of that. And I said, look, you decide things with logic and reason too much! You're leaving out the essential part of being human: emotions.  I think I gained some ground there.

Well enough for now. I need to get some work done. Oh wait, I don't have any right now! Well the marketing lady has some for me, I'm sure. Sounds like they've hired a new marketing coordinator, which is great, because we need yet another anal grunt worker in the marketing department…the last one had that collateral room sooooo organized! Anyway, back to 'work'.

No comments: