Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Phrecklette is staying put. :o)

I met with her caseworker and her therapist last night. This caseworker is different. She is much nicer than the other one. I mentioned how the other one had come to my home and treated me like a neglectful, abusive parent after Phrecklette fell off the balcony, and she said that perhaps my sister had poisoned the caseworker's mind against me.

That confirms my suspicions. From the things that the caseworker asked me about, it sounded like Cathleen had told her something to make her suspect me of nefarious things. I could just kill my sister over that. That immature fool - what did she want to happen? Did she want Phrecklette to go to the foster care system?

Anyway, like I said, this caseworker is different. She is treating me like I can be an actual contributor on this case, not just a glorified babysitter. She doesn't mind if I help do some visits, take Deirdre to go see her mom's new place, the whole nine yards. And so I'm more than happy to help Cathleen move, too. I'm kind of excited about it…I feel hope about this for the first time in a long time. It's been a long, dreary road for the past year.

The only thing I'm worried about is BF. He's emailed me this morning to ask whether I emailed the caseworker and he said that he hopes that I didn't meet with her. So now I have to come clean and say that yes I did and this is what I decided and that's it. He is going to be unhappy with this decision to say the least. I have emailed him back…I'm not too excited about the storm that's about to start raining on me.

But I feel this is the right decision. I love Deirdre like she's my own and I'm doing my duty to this child; seeing this through to the end. That is what I committed to do for Deirdre.

No comments: