Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Feeling a Bit Left Out

BF had gNat last night, so he brought her over. But what bugs me about that is that we had a miscommunication about dinner last night. I thought he would be there for dinner. He gave me that impression but then he, seemingly inexplicably, did not show up.

I have to admit, when he has gNat, I feel a bit left out. Not because he has his daughter. I feel left out because he doesn't show up at my/our place until it's time for her to go to bed. She's all fussy and everything and then he wants me to try and bond with her. Well how am I going to do that? She's fussy and doesn't want me and she really just wants to go to bed. When we're at his parents' house and I try to hold her, his mom butts in and takes over. It's like she's putting me in my place.

And my place is fairly low on the totem pole. I seem to be relegated to changing diapers and holding the baby while her daddy is getting her crib set up. It seems like gNat might be getting a little more used to me, but I don't know…it's just frustrating because I feel like I'm being taken for granted.

No comments: