Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Whining Executives Make Me Vomit

So the mailroom screwed up and sent the package of presentations for a VP, whom we'll call Sourpuss (rarely smiles), to the same guy that we sent an RFP to.

This presented an emergency - Sourpuss is going to be presenting this material to the prospect tomorrow morning at 9am Pacific. It's pretty dicey as to whether FedEx or DHL or whomever will get the presetentations there in time. So my favorite director (we'll call him Smiley) says, "That's ok, Secretary, send them with McCoy, because he'll be coming out here tonight and all will be well."

So I redo all my work (bless those mailpeople) and package it. Then I take it down to McCoy. I could tell from seeing him in action at a meeting that I helped run last Friday that's he's a whiney prima donna. Yes, he is worse than me.

McCoy, instead of being grateful that the prospect he's helping win to ABC Nuts & Bolts will get to see this presentation and his delegation to this company won't be supremely embarrassed because they'll be standing there empty-handed, starts whining!

"God, it just pisses me off to be a pack mule for sales people!"

Well, wah f*cking wah, you overpaid hack. So f*cking what? Like I loved redoing all my work? Like I love cleaning up their messes and turning their consistent lack of planning into my emergency that I have to stay after work and deal with? Stop whining and do your f*ckin job.

So then McCoy says, "Well I just have my secretary send em to the hotel."

"Ummm…I'm not sure that'll work. The meeting is going to start at 9am tomorrow morning."

So I wait while this guy turns into a human volcano, trying to think of some way out of this…finally I can see him capitulating.

I turn around and leave the human volcano to flow over with expletives in his plain, pretentious office.

:o) I like it when other people are more petty than me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen sister. thanks for stopping by!