Monday, March 27, 2006

Oh God...

Now that I'm single again, and after spending a weekend with her, my sister thinks I'm a source of assistance for her.

If my sister were a normal person who was pretty independent, this wouldn't be a problem. But that's not my sister.

No…my sister is an invalid. She's got major back problems, and I don't want to say she thinks that the world should revolve around her, but it's awfully hard not say that and describe her accurately.

One example would be last night -- my sister wrenched her back somehow and had to go to the ER. She calls up my mom and Mommy Dearest whisks her off to the ER. Well the doctor there prescribed medicine that Medicaid won't pay for. So who does my sister expect to pay for that? Mommy Dearest.

She also expected Mommy Dearest to acquire dinner for her from either Taco Bell or Burger King.

What's crazy about this? Well, it was the middle of the night…

…and Mommy Dearest actually complied.

And then cried her frustrations at my sister over it.

And now Sister is calling me, telling me about what a drama queen my sister is.

I feel bad for my mom -- she was finally free from my sister…but not really. She continues to support her and be at her beck and call. I wish she'd wake up and stop being this way, because I feel sad for her.

I'm not sure who I am to talk though, because look at my situation. But there is no way in h*ll I'm getting drawn back into the family nightmare.

No comments: