Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Children Aren't Property, Sister Dear

My sister is one of the people whom I'd really like to have disappear from this planet.
 
It's not that my sister's mean.
 
It's not that she's evil.
 
Nope, it's that she's deluded. She's in denial. And my niece suffers because of it.
 
My niece is in a foster home with a Mom and a Dad right now and they're taking great care of her. I'm pretty sure about that. This particular mom and dad go to church every Sunday and also on Wednesdays. Niece goes to something called Iwana.
 
Well, naturally, my sister can't her little extension of herself getting some kind of faith and the optimism that goes with it, can she? Sooooo, knowing that I want to visit with Niece, my sister decides to have the caseworker try and put the kaibosh on Niece going to Iwana, and then tries to tell me I'm going to have my visits while they're at church so Niece doesn't have to be exposed to the evil that is Christianity.
 
Can we give that idea a big "FUCK THAT!" people?
 
First off, she is not going to dictate to me when I may visit my niece. Secondly, I'm not going to participate in this woman depriving Niece of an opportunity to go and do something she's happy doing and gets approval and attention for doing. I don't give a shit what religion my sister is, it's not in my niece's best interests to be unable to participate in stuff that the rest of her foster family gets to participate in. Besides, it ain't like my sister's been busily giving Niece any religious instruction whatsoever. She barely wants to raise her. My family just expects her to fight hoof, tooth, and nail for Niece, and now she's convinced herself that she wants Niece. If that court gives Niece back to her mom anytime soon, they'll be ruining her life.
 
Sooooooo, I called up the Foster Mom and told her that I don't want to fuck with Niece's attendance of Iwana and was there another night that would work? FM was pretty grateful that someone has this kid's interests at heart.
 
But you know what? I'm pissed at my sister because Niece's reaction when FM told her that we were going to visit was the following: "My Mommy doesn't like her." How the fuck would she know that unless my Sister fucking said that? To a 5 year old?
 
Well that's enough venting and bashing for the night, I'm ready to go and hunker down in my bed in my now lovely bedroom.
 
You know...life without boyfriend is starting to look better and better the less I see of him. :o)

1 comment:

Grafted Branch said...

Bumped into your blog from the dashboard. Sorry to read of how hard things are for you right now.

Awanas is a good program for your Niece. It helps hide God's Word in children's hearts through memorization.

Have you read God's Living, Holy Word? It is a comfort and a sword. It is life and the power to save toward eternal life. Open it. Read the Gospel of John, and if you've done that, maybe look at the New Testament book of Hebrews.

I will pray for you tonight, Secretary. Hope you will find the Hope that God wants for you.