Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Experiences: Saturday: Batman Begins...at the Dollar Theater

Two things about this experience:
1. Batman Begins
2. The Dollar Theater

BF and I saw this together. It was an awesome movie. Christian Bale was as hot as ever. Katie Holmes is still not a very good actress. She looks like she's 15. You just feel like she's someone who needs to grow up or something. Maybe I feel more contempt for her because of her involvement as Tom Cruise's beard…if that's even true.

Anyway! Moving on…the dollar theater is the real standout of this experience. The tickets are cheaper and guess what! Although concessions used to be super expensive at the dollar theater, that has now changed.  They are either the same price or cheaper than concessions at the regular theater. Now, since BF and I spent close to $40 last time we went to the regular theater, we are definitely not going there again unless we KNOW the movie's good and hopefully we'll be going to a matinee as opposed to an evening show. But I was really surprised at how much affordable concessions enriched the experience of going to the dollar theater. No wonder why regular moviehouses are seeing smaller ticket sales and shrinking audiences…they have reached that point where their customers see going to the theater as a major expense on par with going to the opera. Seriously! I could spend less than $40 and go to the opera. No, I wouldn't have super great seats, but I'd still be at the Opera, nonetheless. I'm glad that BF and I will be able to go out more often now.




No comments: