Friday, September 16, 2005

Major Family Drama

I would've wrote in yesterday, but I was super busy because my Directors are getting ready for a trade show.

Anyway, my sister called yesterday to tell me that when Mom comes home from Chicago, where she's visiting her friend Pat, she will not be going home to Dad…she is going to go home to my sister and stay there for a couple of months!!!!!! Mom is leaving Dad!

I immediately told my sister that that is a bad idea! It could interfere with Phrecklette being reunified with her mom, and it will definitely interfere with my sister becoming a fully-realized adult! I told her that if she went through with it, I would tell the State.

Anyway, my sister implored me to call my mom in Chicago, so I did. Her friend answered the phone. She immediately laid into me about how I was going to let Phrecklette go into the foster care system, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I respectfully said to her, "I don't mean to be rude, but you don't know what you're talking about. I'm here, with my family, with everything that's going on, and I see it every day…you're going to to have to trust me here." She just was up on her high horse and, well, she can bloody well stay here. She's not here with this family and she doesn't know what our daily lives are like, nor does she know how my mom is on a day to day basis. She hears what she hears from my mom, not the entire truth. And my mom has lived with an alcoholic for almost 40 years now…that does some nasty things to your psyche. It messes with your perceptions, believe me. So whatever my mom's friend said, I am throwing out the window. She doesn't know how my mother has done this to herself, and we, her children, are not to blame for this at all!

I can't even COUNT how many times I've told my mom to move out, how many times I've told her what to do and exactly how to do it, and if she'd have opted to go for it, I would have helped her! Heck, if I didn't have Deirdre and I had the room in my apartment, I would let her stay with me, but what can I do??? Ha ha, BF says I'd have put up with her for 3 days and then told her to go to Francis House LOL.

Mom called me back and told me how she had thought this through (yeah right) and she was going to keep her car (good luck), and move into an apartment, but it would take about 1-2 months to get the money up to do it. At first I was like, wow, my mom is calling me and it's cool. But then I quickly figured out that she wanted something from me. She wants me to not call the state and tell them what's up. She was just being nice in order to get what she wants. And that is pretty much how she is toward me…there's no real relationship. Nice.

So I'm thinking about it….and I realize, this might be my mom's only chance to make this change for herself. Maybe I shouldn't call the State. Maybe I should just leave it alone and let things play out without my guiding hand and just distance myself from it all. And, I've decided, that's what I'm going to do. I'm not going to touch it. I'm putting it in God's hands, and I'm leaving it there. And what a load off my mind that is.

No comments: