Monday, September 26, 2005

It's Been a 3 or 4 Day Binge...

Let's see….

FRIDAY - got home. Deirdre played outside. I made something for dinner, don't remember what. May have gone to Taco Smell…actually, we definitely did that. I ate way too much food. Umm…gee, we must not have done anything remotely important. LOL.

SATURDAY - got up. Got $13.00 haircut that took 2 hours from Adminzilla's daughter. She did an awesome job. Too bad it took 2 and a half hours. Check it: arrived at 10:14, left at about 12:30.

Pawned wedding ring from failed marriage for a whopping $75.00. Definitely not SELLING my ring for that much. BF doesn't get it. Getting tired of lending BF money. It does not grow on trees after all. Went to DQ (really good for me…not), was going to go to sister's house but changed mind when BF went and woke up. So then we went and had a McDonald's/Taco Bell dinner.

Funny, BF only complains about me eating ice cream but never questions McD's even though that is far worse. I mean think about it! You eat a McD's Big n Tasty…470 calories. Then you eat their medium-size fries…that's 350 calories. God knows how many from fat. Thank God I drink diet soft drinks, otherwise that would be an extra god knows how many calories.

The only good thing about being fat is that you have to consume more calories than a thin person in order to gain weight. Your body burns about 12 calories per pound that you weight…so if I weight 300 pounds, then I have to eat about 3600 calories per day to MAINTAIN my weight and not lose any. To lose weight, I have to eat less than 3600 calories. Should be easy, right? Mhmmm…next topic.

Rented The Day After Tomorrow and Sin City from Blockbuster…and acquired two pints of Ben n Jerry's…Mint Chocolate Cookie (lately my favorite) and Oatmeal Cookie Chunk. Annnnnnnnnd, consumed them during first hour of The Day After Tomorrow. Now I understand what the big deal about Jake Gyllenhall is. I pray he is not gay. Sin City sucked. Maybe that was because I am a girl and therefore am not impressed by hookers in dominatrix outfits and beautiful women and big guns and stuff like that.

Stayed up until 5am which brings us to….

SUNDAY - got up around noon. Man I was tired. God I am such a bad mother. Thank God Phrecklette is old enough to entertain herself and can't open the balcony door anymore.

Sooooo I get up and take Phrecklette over to her little brother's house so I can get a break (I'm sure anyone reading this would probably wonder why the hell one would be needed at this point…) and then I go see this movie, Lord of War, about freelance gun running. It was fairly depressing and just sad all around. I don't recommend it…it just doesn't make any bones about what's going on in Africa, and the fact that those guns are being used by children to kill children. Honestly, life just doesn't seem to be too sacred in Africa and it just really did not paint a pretty picture of Africans at all. Nor did it paint a pretty picture of gun runners, who now appear to be total scum…but then that's not a surprise is it? I mean, what did I expect? A saintly gun runner?

Then I went to Michael's, where everything is over-priced, and bought a 'how to knit' kit. This should be interesting. I was reading an article this morning that made me thirst to grab my crochet hook and my Martha poncho. No, I did not finish it this weekend.

When one is on a binge, one does not pay attention to one's goals…one pays attention to one's food and where it is coming from next. Pretty sad. But I was definitely on a binge…Taco Bell for dinner on Friday and Saturday night, and copious amounts of it no less. Way too much food. And the Ben n Jerry's…what's freaky about that is I felt so tired and didn't want it but I felt compelled to do it. I felt like I HAD to do it! With the Taco Bell thing, there was a faint bit of appropriateness to that because it was dinner time and I needed to have something for dinner…even though I wasn't hungry. But there again, I felt like I HAD to eat dinner. I need to free myself from the idea of HAVING to have regular meals and just eat when I am actually hungry. With this band, I am not actually hungry when everyone else is, quite a lot of the time. But I still have to deal with everyone's assigned meal times. 

Adminzilla did manage to tick me off this morning. Someone put the wrong paper in the Fiery and instead of just removing it and then putting the right paper in, she had to come and ask me to do it. She's too good to mess with the Fiery or any other copier. Sometimes I just want to ask her, "_____, why don't you just put the right paper in? Even the COO's EA does that without complaining, and you're no better than she is." Actually, I'd probably just end it with, "_____, why don't you just put the paper in?" And wait for her response…or just walk away since I wouldn't really want to chat about it or watch her go ballistic on me.

No comments: