Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Bush's Mom is Saying Some Funky Things...

1. That it's scary that the refugees want to stay in Texas…
2. That living in a stadium is working very well for these po'folks that are underprivileged anyway…

Barbara, I really like your son and all, but would you please shut up????

How could anyone think that living in a stadium is preferable to living in your own home, no matter what it's like?

As for point #1, I guess that shows what caliber she believes those people to be.

And the Texans themselves are probably a little scared that those folks are going to want to stay put.

Nebraska is getting setup to receive about 500 refugees. If I were a refugeen from New Orleans, no way would I want to go back there. Not after I see what a great place Omaha is to live.

Now, some Omahans may be aghast at what I just said.

But think about it, honestly. Can you imagine how much worse it is to be poor and African American in New Orleans than in Omaha? Nebraska has a lot more promise than Louisiana, no doubt. And although Omaha may not be a playground for adults, Omaha is known as a good place to raise children and a good place to live. Maybe I'm just an ignorant, un-travelled midwesterner, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Time will tell the tale. : )

No comments: