Monday, September 19, 2005

October 22nd is Coming and I Can't Change My Mind This Time

I don't want to give Phrecklette up, really I don't, but now that I think about it, it's not fair that the State mismanaged this case and now they want to take another 4 months to get it where it needs to go.

I think about the fact that reunification was not going to happen until after December 29th and I realize how much my generosity has been abused. I love Phrecklette so much, but BF is right: I was being taken advantage of.

I saw light at the end of the tunnel and all, but I was pretty stunned when I saw that this caseworker, although managing the case effectively, was going to plod so slowly toward reunification, which is plainly the correct next step! I mean, my sister's complied with everything she was supposed to do. There's only one way to see if she can do it and do it halfway right, and that's to reunify instead of having everyone put their lives on hold some more while the system just sits and messes around.

BF has stated repeatedly that if I had not taken Phrecklette into my home, that they would have moved much more quickly to either terminate rights or reunify. Now I am thinking he is right, because what happened immediately after I told that social worker that I am done as of October 22? She said she wanted to move to get the hearing moved up. Why couldn't that have been done before?

It just rankles me to no end.

No comments: