Sunday, June 25, 2006

So the Petition's Been Filed...

What petition is that, you say?
 
The petition to terminate my sister's rights to her child, my one and only niece.
 
I found this out through the foster mom and I ain't saying a word to my sister. Actually, my relationship with my sister is non-existent right now. Same goes for my mom. Not a real big loss, actually. Sure, I'm not excited about it, but life goes on. Those people make me want to binge, big time. Even my dad does, even though he's the only member of my family who seems to love me unconditionally.
 
But regardless of who's pissed at me and who isn't, I'm still sad that it's come to this, whether my sister deserves it or not. Can you imagine how much it'll hurt her if her rights are terminated? She would be devastated if that happens. Frankly, if her rights were term'd, I'd be surprised if she did NOT try to commit suicide. This is not something that I'd want to see happen, not by any means. I love my sister. She just didn't take this seriously enough soon enough. And now it's too late.
 
And it freaks me out because that means that I may soon be a mother. My life might change drastically pretty soon.
 
Well, I don't have to figure it all out right now. I can just let it lay for now, I guess. There's no sense getting all riled up about something that hasn't happened yet and may not happen at all.
 
Blech.

1 comment:

exile said...

this is why people should have to get a licence to breed